Monday, December 12, 2011

He loves him. She loves her.


Have you ever seen a couple that looked "odd" to you? Very thin person with an extremely overweight person. Very tall person with a very short person. Obviously in love, public displays of affection. Yada, yada, yada - Have you looked at those people and wondered, how do they "do it"? It's none of your business.

There are couples in this world that look "perfect". Beautiful people that look soooooo good together. They just "fit"; in your mind. But guess what, some of these people can be unhappy. They can be together just because everyone thinks they should be together because they "look right".

I would call myself an advocate for Living Life. I'll take it a little further; I'm an advocate for Living Life and Loving. – Deep love, true love, mutual love, respectable love. "What the world needs now is love sweet love, no not just for some but for everyone." In my heart and in my mind - that should be a true statement.

Love is such a hard thing. Relationships are hard. People have to work at it. But there is true love and there are true relationships out there. Why should they be limited to what some think of as normal. Why can't people allow love to be love in its purest form? Tall/short couple, fat/skinny couple (or whatever looks strange in your eyes), they may be looked at funny. An interracial couple, there are still problems there sometimes, even some persecution. But the persecution that concerns me is the blatant persecution of LGBT’s. 

I've always had gay friends and accepted them for who they are because I love who I love with no judgment, simply because I love them. I guess I’ve started looking at it from “different eyes” when my daughter came out. I was raised believing homosexuality was wrong, but from me, there was never any judgment. “You don't judge me on my sin I won't judge you on yours.” But not being allowed to love freely – sometimes in the name of God, it doesn’t make sense.  The God that I’ve been taught about is a God of love. I can't see true, respectable, consenting love as sin. (I don’t know why I always have to add this – but let’s agree to disagree, this point is not up for debate with me.)

I don't know if I will be offensive here, if so, please excuse me - trying to make a point.

He put his in her….
He put his in his…
She had her mouth on her….

We like what we like. A straight couple can just as easily do the same things that a man/man or woman/woman couple can do. But what would you think if you walked in on them? Some women like anal sex. Some men have no desire to be with other men but enjoy anal sex via a sex toy being used by their wife or girlfriend. Is he gay then? Of course not.  Some gay women enjoy a dildo every once in a while - so is she faking being gay? No she's not.

Man to Woman - Missionary, Woman on top, doggie, oral, 69, anal, sex toys …

Man to Man - Top or bottom - missionary, oral, 69, anal, sex toys …

Woman to Woman - Missionary, oral, 69, sex toys …

I was told there are more positions. Oh, does that make you uncomfortable, sorry. I’m not trying to get in anyone’s business either; I’m just trying to make a point. How about not worrying about what people do in bed (or wherever they have sex).You wanna know what’s the point? The point is; whatever anyone is doing, it’s none of your business.

Have you ever been in love? Are you in love now? Think about when you’ve seen people in love and it was beautiful. We are attracted to who we’re attracted to for no other reason than we’re attracted to them. (Oh wait, the research is still out on that one, I've heard of studies showing that there is possibly a reason why where attracted to the sex we're attracted to; chemical or hormonal - or something). Straight people are attracted to the opposite sex. Gay people are attracted to the same sex.

What is it that bothers people about homosexuality to the point of persecution and bullying? Is it the sex? Do people go up to someone who appears to be gay and ask if they are sexually active? What if a LGBT person is celibate? Do they cease being LGBT because they are celibate? No. Or what about the virgin LGBT? No. Does the judgment and persecution stop if someone is inactive? Unfortunately, no. Think about the youngsters that are coming to terms with their sexuality. I would venture to think that most of them are virgins. The persecution taking place today is causing these children to commit suicide. OMG - Do you hear me CHILDREN COMMITTING SUICIDE?  

(Please cut and paste the following from Jonah)

http://www.gayrva.com/news-views/video-bullying-in-the-cards/

Sociopaths - rapist, pedophiles, murderers; they all fall under the title of sociopath. The argument is that they are born that way, but something went wrong in the wiring. They are feared and rightly so. Their desire is to hurt someone else. I understand the fear of the sociopath, it’s because they are manipulative and plot and plan to hurt with no regard for others. 

I believe that homosexuals are born that way – in the same way that I was born black, female and straight. But why is there fear of the LGBT (and I say fear because I believe bullying is a result of fear). Could it be because there is a fear of your own sexuality? A solution to that would be - be who you are and allow others to be who they are.  

A phobia is an overwhelming and unreasonable fear of an object or situation that poses little real danger (Just thought I’d throw this in – think about it).

The bottom line is: Him loving her and her loving him has nothing to do with you;  so why should him loving him or her loving her have anything to do with you. It’s none of your business.

I Don’t Know – What Do You Think?


4 comments:

  1. Nice blog! love what you are saying about the church. I was raised in the church, yet I have always been a gay male. Ive dated women, didnt work out, and even dated and had sex with men when I was still "straight". It took me a long time to become comfortable with my sexuality enough to admit it to myself as well as others and even though I'm not running the streets naked with a rainbow flag, I'm proud to have come this far. I've dealt with the bullshit of relationship, but each time was a learning experience to prepared me for the love and happiness I share with my boyfriend. Just like a straight relationship... niggas is crazy! And that means everybody! Love is Love, no matter what way you put it. Great blog Pammy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. You caused me to ask a question about sexuality on my website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh! I loved this blog entry (not that I didn't love the others) but some things need to be reiterated (a lot more before) the society at large knows what's happening. Great read and can't wait for more :'))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this blog Pam!! I feel you on so many levels. I have always had gay friends and always felt comfortable around them, to me they are no different than "straight" friends. It has been hurting my heart about these babies committing suicide, we have to be active in helping them. I am so glad that you put the info about phobia's and sociopaths, and people also need to realize that all people who are gay are not pediphiles. I love my LGBT friends and I wouldn't change nothing about them!! ;) As always, you have awesome blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete